Taking new clients for the in-person June cycle. Register now!
Tuesdays 6:15-8:15pm beginning June 22nd. Ages 13-18
A four-week group focused on integrating healthy habits as medicine for the symptoms of depression..
Art of counseling is hiring Mental Health Professionals/Practitioners/Art Therapists that are looking to join a eclectic group private practice in St. Paul, MN. Art of Counseling, pllc is a psychotherapy group that provides a blend of art, relational, DBT, AIR and trauma informed therapies. Our therapists collaborate with individuals in developing a holistic lens, giving a unique perspective to the human experience, leading to emotional healing through the power of storytelling and creative expression.
The Mental Health Therapist provides individual, group and family therapy, performs diagnostic assessments, and guides the coordination of services. Develops individual treatment plans in conjunction with the client and other individuals as indicated. Provides mental health services and supports to assist clients achieve their resilience and recovery goals. In addition, this position also assumes all responsibilities of an independently licensed professional, including managing scheduling, reports, and approvals for all assessment and treatment documents. Pre-licensed practitioners will assume similar above responsibilities with supervision from a state approved supervisor fro LPCC or LMFT and Art Therapy Clinical Supervisor.
The schedule is flexible, group private practice hours are generally including some evenings. Weekends are also available.
- Master’s Degree in Behavioral Sciences or Psychology related field.
- Must be qualified as a Mental Health Professional maintaining a LICSW, LP, LPCC, or LMFT license. Or in supervision to complete the requirements for obtaining a professional License.
- Therapists who are registered in one of the following creative therapies (Art, Music, Drama, Poetry, Play, etc.) or working toward a creative art therapies registration.
- Therapists with a strong multi-cultural awareness, and LGBQT+ community friendly.
- Therapists who are trained in or have experience in trauma informed therapies, like: AIR Network and EMDR, etc.
- Therapists who are multi-lingual or know ASL.
- Therapists who are DBT trained or willing to become trained in DBT.
Full time and Part time spots are available.
Heather Matson, MA, LMFT, ATR-BC, ATCS
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Board Certified Registered Art Therapist, Art Therapy Clinical Supervisor, MN state approved LPCC and LMFT supervisor.
Art of Counseling, pllc. 275 4th St. E. #301, St Paul 55101
Office Voice Mail:(651) 318-0109 Fax: (651) 344-0515
DBT Skills Group for ages 18+. Thursdays 1-2:30pm, currently online through ZOOM. Cycle opens up for new enrollees both the weeks March 11th and May 13th.
To enroll/register for either start date, please fill out the form below:
THURSDAYS FROM 1:00 – 2:30PM JANUARY 14TH – JUNE 24TH 18+
Details: This is a 24 week, virtual DBT group. Together we will learn skills for Mindfulness, Emotion Regulation, Distress Tolerance, and Interpersonal Effectiveness. In addition, we will learn WHY these skills are helpful in managing intense emotions while improving the relationships we have with ourselves and others.
Starting Monday January 11 @ 5pm-6:30pm and presented on ZOOM.
Introduction to Integrating Food as Medicine.
January 5th, 12-1pm, 4 weeks
with Estefania Alvarez-Zumarraga, MA, ATR-P
A safe space for adults to express themselves through the making, sharing, and therapeutic processing of art pieces.
Open to all levels of expertise!
Benefits of this group
- nurtures social and emotional health
- promotes relaxation, self-esteem and focus
- safe space for emotional sharing
- practice cognitive skills such as planning and problem-solving
- Exploration with various art materials
Time: 6 weeks
November 1st to December 6th
1:00p.m. to 3:00p.m.
*I can mail out art materials one week before the first day of group if needed.