MA, LMFT, ATR-BC, ATCS
Owner, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Board Certified Registered Art Therapist, Art Therapy Clinical Supervisor.
Art therapy, AIR Network, EMDR, Trauma-informed, Parts Work, Psychedelic-Assisted and Integration Therapy, Integrated approach to personal intentions, food and supplements for mental health. State Board-approved LMFT and LPCC Supervisor. Art Therapy Supervisor. AAMFT Supervisor.
Saint Paul, Lowertown Office
Education, Trainings, Affiliations
- Integrative Psychiatry Institute Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy, 2023 cohort
- Adaptive Internal Relational (AIR) Network Certified Practitioner
- El Duende Process Painting for Supervision Training
- Positive Psychology in Art Therapy Supervision Training
- Midwest Center for EMDR Training and Therapy
- Integrative Mental Health Professional Training Course: Nutritional and Integrative Medicine for Mental Health Professionals
- Member, Minnesota Art Therapy Association (Board Member 2014-2019)
- Member, American Art Therapy Association
- Member, Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Professional Member and Supervisor, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- DBT Intensive trained (Behavioral Tech)
- Certificate for TeleMental Health from Zur Institute
- Master of Arts, Psychotherapy, emphasis Art Therapy, Adler Graduate School
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Minnesota State University, Moorhead, MN
Heather (she/her) brings gentle guidance, adds spontaneous humor, and encourages looking beyond the obvious while creatively fostering positive changes for today and the future.
Art, in some way or another, has always been an important part of Heather’s life. She initially began her artistic interest as a painter, which she used as a vehicle to explore the personal and social issues she wished to express as an artist. Although the stroke of the brush has been accompanied with the photographic exposure of light, Heather’s vision has matured from high school, to college, and into an accomplished artist. Heather now takes pleasure in helping others live an active, creative life as an Art Therapist.
Heather graduated from Adler Graduate School with a dual master’s in Art Therapy and Adlerian Psychotherapy in May of 2012. Heather is a Board Certified Registered Art Therapist (ATR-BC), Art Therapy Clinical Supervisor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapy (LMFT), Certified AIR Network Therapist, a trained Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapist, and completed DBT Intensive training through Behavioral Tech. Currently, she is a part of the 2023 cohort at Integrative Psychology Institute in year-long training and seeking certification for Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy. Heather’s professional experience has helped her refine her world lens and self-perception as an artist and professional helper. Heather’s life-long interest in heritage, history, and cultural anthropology contributes to her therapeutic style.
Heather’s approach is to respectfully work at the unique pace of each client. The creative process, through visual art and storytelling, opens up the unconscious mind, cleansing emotional pain while sharing a common universal language. She helps others by offering a space that serves as a container or a witness to the client’s chronicles past and present. Helping to connect the behaviors that motivate us to balance our individual strengths and inherit capacity for good social interest is the cornerstone of Heather’s therapy approach.
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. -Pablo Picasso
Art by Heather