Title: Mental Health Practitioner/Art Therapist
Full-Time or Part-Time.
Reports to: Coordinator, Supervisor
Position Overview: Provide mental health support services to youth in forensic settings in Wilmar, MN.
This is a unique opportunity to provide mental health services to juveniles and their families in their environment. This model reduces barriers related to finances, transportation, stigma, and other systemic issues related to access to mental health care.
Therapists have an identified caseload of adolescence. They provide individual and family therapy and work collaboratively with program and state systems to support these clients. They can provide both in-person and, when necessary, tele mental health services weekly to bi-weekly per client.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate mental health services for clients.
- Conduct Diagnostic Assessments and develop related treatment plans.
- Provide ongoing, developmentally appropriate art and psychotherapy.
- Provide relevant parent coaching or family therapy to meet treatment plan goals.
- Work with site staff and Art of Counseling staff through consultation and collaboration to best meet client’s needs.
- Maintain ongoing documentation of services.
- Master’s Degree in Behavioral Sciences or Psychology-related field.
- Must be qualified as a Mental Health Professional maintaining a LICSW, LP, LPCC, or LMFT license. Or in supervision to complete the requirements for obtaining a professional license.
- Ability to manage a caseload of 22-26 clients per week
- Travel to Wilmar site.
- Therapists who are registered in one of the following creative therapies (Art, Music, Drama, Poetry, Play, etc.) or working toward a creative art therapies registration.
- Therapists with a strong multicultural awareness and LGBTQ+ community-friendly.
- Therapists trained in or have experience in trauma-informed therapies, like AIR Network and EMDR, etc.
- Therapists who are multi-lingual or know ASL.
- Therapists who are DBT trained or willing to become trained in DBT.
Cover letter and CV