Title: Mental Health Practitioner/Art Therapist
Sites: Community (in-office and in-home) practice, School-based practice, and Group homes in Wilmar, MN, or a combination of.
50K-80K (DBT-focused cases can earn about 10+% more)
PTO, Health, Dental, Eye Care Insurance, 401K, free licensure supervision, flexible schedule
Reports to: Clinical Supervisor or Program Lead
Position Overview: Art of Counseling, pllc is a psychotherapy group that provides a blend of art, relational, and trauma-informed therapies. Our therapists collaborate with individuals in developing a holistic lens, giving a unique perspective to the human experience, leading to emotional healing through the power of storytelling and creative expression.
At Art of Counseling, we strive to help our clients be their best selves. We do this by creating spaces of care that are warm and inviting, hiring staff that are passionate about mental wellness, and supporting our team so that they can provide quality care to their clients. We value our clients and appreciate their strengths and what makes them unique.
Our work environment includes the following:
- Eclectic office setting
- Drinks provided
- Work-from-home days
- Practice-wide Team building and self-care activities planned 2x/year.
- Small community psychology library
We have therapists specializing in Art Therapy, AIR Network, EMDR, DBT, and Psychedelic Assisted Therapy, to name a few. Art of Counseling has partnered with several St. Paul public and charter schools and a juvenile detention and group home program in Wilmar, Minnesota.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate mental health services for clients.
- Conduct Diagnostic Assessments and develop related treatment plans.
- Provide ongoing, developmentally appropriate art and psychotherapy.
- Provide relevant parent coaching to meet treatment plan goals.
- Work with school staff through consultation and collaboration to meet clients’ needs best.
- Maintain ongoing documentation of services.
- Master’s Degree in Behavioral Sciences or Psychology-related field.
- Must be qualified as a Mental Health Professional maintaining a LICSW, LP, LPCC, or LMFT license. Or in supervision to complete the requirements for obtaining a professional license.
- Ability to manage a caseload of 22-30+ clients per week
- Ability to work with clients of various backgrounds, create a treatment plan in line with their needs and wants, and complete documentation in a timely manner.
- Licensed Mental Health Professionals (LICSW, LP, LPCC, or LMFT)
- Therapists who are registered in one of the following creative therapies (Art, Music, Drama, Poetry, Play, etc.) or working toward a creative art therapies registration.
- Therapists with strong multi-cultural awareness and LGBTQ+ community-friendly.
- Therapists trained in or have experience in trauma-informed therapies, like AIR Network and EMDR, etc.
- Therapists who are multi-lingual or know ASL.
- Therapists who are DBT trained or willing to become trained in DBT.
Cover letter and CV
Office Manager: Tara email@example.com